When I look at my past and my 6 year battle with health anxiety, I realize that,any people were very misinformed when it came to what anxiety really is. I used to be told to breath, or to take some time for myself, but the truth is taking time for myself was one of my biggest fears in life at the time due to what may happen if my health anxiety got out of control. I fear the worst always, my body zaps were a sign of cancer, my heart palpitations were a sign that a hearth attack was on its way.
The Cycle Of Chronic Health Related Anxiety Is Debilitating
As I have now naturally overcome chronic health anxiety, what I really needed to hear back then was not to go see a doctor or a therapist. It was simply to follow 6 steps to live by, and implement then on a daily basis. These 6 steps have been the key to overcoming my health anxiety in the shortest amount of time an they are:
1) Complete Acceptance – Accepting that what I was going through was related to my health anxiety and nothing more.
2) Becoming Knowledgeable – Read up on health anxiety, listen to audios from peoplechronic health anxiety who have stopped their own health anxiety issues etc. Become an expert on the subject, this way your confidence grows and this is key.
3) Building On Facts – Build on the facts of the past, that these symptoms of anxiety you continue to experience daily has never harmed you, or will they hurt you in the future. Put up motes around your bathroom, your fridge, put pictures up of the joy you had when you left the emergence room un-scaved after a panic attack.
4) Take Action – Stepping out of your comfort zone for a health related anxiety sufferer is like parachuting out of an airplane, I get it. It’s totally scary and completely foreign. But the truth is if you’re going to stop you health anxiety naturally it’s time to step into some of your fears in a gradual way, and begin to implement these strategies on a daily basis.
5) Accept Setbacks – before you embark on your natural path to stopping your health related anxiety, you need to completely understand that setbacks in the form of new physical symptoms of anxiety, as well as debilitating and constant fearful thoughts are inevitable. Look at them as a sign that your anxiety is on its heels, and that you’re headed in the right direction.
6) Patience – Finally, you need to develop patience. There is no set time of when your anxiety will end, when you’ll be able to ignore those lingering symptoms of anxiety, or when you’ll be able to easily move through those scary and fearful thoughts. Some people recover from chronic health anxiety faster then others, this may or may not be you. The point here is that you can’t set a time limit on when you MUST recover, or else you’ll give up. Have patience, put yourself in a constant state of learning and applying. Confidence over your health anxiety is the key to ending the debilitating problem.
So there you have it, your very own guide to to stopping your anxiety naturally. Begin understanding these 6 critical steps today, and soon your life won’t be the way it was, it will be much much better then that.